Packing Tips For WheeKeep
- Clean and thoroughly dry all appliances to prevent mould and
- Fill empty spaces with packing paper and securely wrap larger items.
- Pack small appliances (kettles, toasters) individually in smaller-sized boxes
- Consult the manufacturer’s instructions before storing larger appliances (dishwashers, fridges, freezers, washers and dryers) for special instructions to prevent damage
- Clean all furniture thoroughly and dry for 1–2 days before packing to
- Dismantle furniture where appropriate to make packing easier.
- Place any small items (screws, nuts and bolts) in a sealed bag taped to
the underside of the piece.
- Tape up doors and drawers and wrap furniture in protective blankets to
prevent dust, moisture, dents and scratches.
Glassware & Dishes
- Clean and dry items thoroughly before packing.
- Wrap each item individually in bubble wrap.
- For extra protection, fill empty spaces between items with packing
- Pack heavier items into boxes first with lighter items towards the top.
TVs & Electronics
- Ensure that TVs and electronic goods are clean, dry, and dust-free.
- Wrap the item in bubble wrap to prevent damage.
- Store these items in their original boxes (if possible) or use similar-sized
boxes with sufficient cushioning from styrofoam chips.
- TVs are particularly sensitive items and temperature controlled storage is
highly recommended if you plan on storing your TV long term.
Garage & Other Items
- Remove all dust, dirt, plant matter, insects, and oil or dirty grease from
gardening tools or other hardware items before packing.
- Empty grass catchers and wheelbarrows or buckets to prevent rotting and
- Drain fuel from fuel tanks of items such as lawnmowers or edge cutters to
reduce the risk of fire in your WheeKeep.
- Lightly grease any steel blades to protect them from rust.
Books, Documents & Files
- Protect books, files and other paper-based items from sunlight and moisture.
- Ensure your business records, collectables, and other paperwork or books are
clean, dry and insect-free before packing.
- Place a piece of grease-proof or tracing paper between books to prevent the
covers from sticking to each other.
- Pack documents, books and files into airtight units before putting them
into your WheeKeep.
How to store
Five simple steps to get the most from your portable storage unit.
Determine what items you want to store and for how long.
Use our storage space calculator to determine the right size and number of units needed.
Reserve your desired delivery date to ensure timely arrival of the storage unit.
Follow packing tips provided by our company to protect your items during transport and storage.
lan your storage layout, label boxes clearly, and keep an inventory for easy access when unpacking.
Use blankets or drop cloths to provide an extra layer of protection for furniture items.
Pack your belongings tightly in boxes to prevent breakages during storage.
Utilize our secure locking system, ensuring that only you have access to your unit.